Friday, April 17, 2009

alrighty then!

ok... so... yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! tibet did, in fact, reopen april 5... so we're all systems go! actually, it's just kind of hitting me that this is really *finally* going to happen... i think i so had this overplanned last year and then was so disappointed, that i didn't want to get all a-twitter and then have to cancel again... anyhoo, water - bridge... :)

NOW, i've got to get off my duff and get my chinese visa next week... and book my hotel...

sadly, the lhasa rumor mill ;) is reporting that my intended lodgings, the kirey hotel, may be no more... so
, it's looking like the yak hotel will be my home for two-plus weeks...


the *real* tragedy is that tashi II, the yummiest place in town, might also be gone... WHAT? you mean i have to go to the other side of town to tashi I for dinner? harrumph! ;)

and, bonus, my oft-emailed but never actually met friend, brian (who does some *really* great work for the jatson chumig school, where i'll be volunteering for two weeks), will be in lhasa around the same time so it looks like i've got a rambling around buddy... cool...

excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristen --- Can't wait to meet you in Lhasa. We'll have a ton of fun at Jatson and in Lhasa, explorin'--- Brian