Wednesday, June 24, 2009

june 9, 2009 ... phew!

busy, busy day… five classes… finally got to meet classes II and IV… another adventure in class I (and more drawings… yay!)… this time solo… and on my own with class III, with various goofy performances by the students… (they wanted me to sing... oh, lordie... but diverted them by asking them to sing for me... close one!)

i’m really enjoying the off-time with the kids… trying to pick up a few words in tibetan… listening to “teacher! teacher!… head, shoulders, knees and toes… knees and toes”… over and over… learning their version of jacks… but played with rocks… and, of course, the usual young girls clap games… i’m truly appreciative at how they’ve warmed up to me… i had expected at least a few days of distance… but it’s all hugs all the time… and, yes, I’m going through purell like a madwoman…

and the school just built two GREAT greenhouses... diggin' that sustainability thing...

other than that, kathy – the teacher from boston arrived today… so it was nice meeting and getting acquainted with her…

seem to be dealing with the altitude just fine… and i’ve decided that whoever created purell is a genius and that lhasa boogers are camp boogers on steroids…


BTW... I took the bus home all by my lonesome today... like a big kid!!!! and i didn't get lost... yay!

No comments: